Sci Fi Romance
Publication date: 07/09/2021
Kindle Unlimited: Yes
If you're in the mood for something a little different with plenty of sexy times and great world building, then THIS is the book/series for you. Here's the scoop:
Plot overview: Alejandra has been surviving on her own in the alien wilderness after her kidnapping and subsequent escape. (She was separated from her friend, Lily, from the previous book in the series.) Auzed is tasked with finding her and bringing her to Tremanta. But things go awry, they end up in enemy territory, and are forced to pretend to be mates in order to keep Alejandra from being married off to someone else. Sexy times and hijinks ensue.
Trope bingo: alien abduction, forced proximity, fated mates, opposites attract
Just like the other books in this series, where Tempting Auzed really shines is:
1. World building. Everything from the look, smell, and feel of the places the characters visit to the politics of each individual part of the planet have been thought out and explained in a way that doesn't overwhelm the story. I'm not usual a fan of super complex world building, but this author manages to do it in a way that makes me want to know more. That's not an easy accomplishment, folks. I have the attention span of a gnat on caffeine.
2. Plotting. The plot is well thought out, but not so intricate that it's hard to follow. I find that with some sci fi romance, the plots can be over done. Tempting Auzed keeps everything simple, which gives the characters and the romance room to shine.
3. Strong heroines. Each heroine in the series so far has been a tough, smart, pragmatic, survivor. That's not to say they don't have their moments of weakness and self-doubt, as we all do. But in the end, the heroines are the type that readers can look up to and empathize with.
4. Sexy, respectful heroes. It can't be overstated how much respect the heroes in this series have for women. Not just the women they love, but ALL women. It's a refreshing change from some of the other sci-fi romances I've read where abducted women are pretty much treated like cattle at market.
5. Hot sexy times. There's a scene in this book that takes place in a private pool that is HOT HOT HOT.
So, long-story-short, if you're a fan of sci fi romance, like, say, Ruby Dixon (but with a little more world building and a little less camp), you'll definitely want to give this series a go. Note: these do NOT read as standalones. Here's what to read before Tempting Auzed:
Full disclosure: I received an ARC which in no way impacted my review.
Does this book contribute to or help crush the romance stigma?
This one is stigma free. No rehab needed.
Leave a Reply.
Online Writer's Resources
ROMANCE AUTHOR SERVICES
Romance novel blurb help
Romance Remedy program
Romance author services